I. LIMITED WARRANTY & LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Allen Engineering Corporation (“Allen”) warrants its products to be free of defects in material or workmanship for:
TWO YEARS FROM END USER’S DATE OF PURCHASE
The warranty period begins on the date of purchase by the End User of the product. All warranty is based on the following limited warranty terms and conditions, including the disclaimer of implied warranties and consequential damages.
1. Allen’s obligation and liability under this warranty are limited to repairing or replacing parts if, after Allen’s inspection, there is determined to be a defect in material or workmanship. Allen reserves the choice to repair or replace.
2. All warranty-related parts must be purchased in advance through an Allen dealer. The parts will be made available to the Allen Distributor, Dealer, or Rental Center from whom the End User purchased the product. For machines being prepared, a warranty request form and/ or RGA request form must be submitted to AEC after the repairs are completed.
3. Replacement or repair parts, installed in the product, are warranted only for the remainder of the warranty period of the product as though they were the original parts.
4. Allen does not warranty engines or batteries. Engine warranty claims should be made directly to an authorized factory service center for the particular engine manufacturer. Batteries are not warranted due to unknown treatment during transport, etc., and any battery claims should be directed to the battery manufacturer.
5. Allen’s warranty does not cover the normal maintenance of products or their components (such as engine tune-ups and oil & filter changes). The warranty also does not cover normal wear and tear items (such as belts and consumables).
6. Allen’s warranty will be void if it is determined that the defect resulted from operator abuse, failure to perform normal maintenance on the product, modification to product, alterations, or repairs made to the product without the written approval of Allen. Allen specifically excludes from warranty any damage to any trowels resulting from an impact to the rotors.
7. Impact damage to gearboxes is not covered under the Allen warranty and is deemed customer abuse.
8. Allen will pay shop labor on warranty items at the Allen Shop Labor Rate in existence on the date of the warranty claim. An Allen labor chart will determine the time allowed to complete a repair and will govern the shop labor hours that will be allowed.
9. Allen will pay freight on warranty replacement parts at worldwide standard ground rates. No warranty replacement parts will be shipped air-freight at the expense of Allen. Allen only pays outbound freight charges when sending warranty replacement parts to the customer via ground service. Allen does not pay any inbound freight. However, if Allen determines this to be a warranted item, only then will Allen reimburse the customer for inbound freight at standard ground rates.
10. ALLEN ENGINEERING CORPORATION’S WARRANTY POLICY WILL NOT COVER THE FOLLOWING: TAXES; SHOP SUPPLIES; ENVIRONMENTAL SURCHARGES; AIR FREIGHT; TRAVEL TIME; LOSS OF TIME; INCONVENIENCE; LOSS OF RENTAL REVENUE; RENTAL COSTS OF EQUIPMENT USED TO REPLACE THE PRODUCT BEING REPAIRED; LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT; COMMERCIAL LOSS; OR ANY OTHER CHARGES WHATSOEVER OR ANY LIABILITIES FOR DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE OR DELAY.
11. ALLEN ENGINEERING CORPORATION MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES THAT EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THIS DOCUMENT.
12. No Allen employee or representative is authorized to change this warranty in any way or grant any other warranty unless such change is made in writing and signed by an officer of Allen Engineering Corporation.
13. Warranty cards must be submitted within 30 days of purchase of new equipment
14. Warranty claims must be submitted within 30 days from the date of failure.
15. Once a warranty claim has been submitted AEC has up to 15-30 business days to process the request.
16. Standard part warranty will not exceed 30 days from the date of purchase (except with new gearboxes)
17. All purchased components are subject to the inspection and warranty of the respective manufacturer. This inspection may extend beyond 30 days.
18. If warranty is suspected do not disassemble any hydraulic or electrical components.
19. Any components that have been disassembled may directly jeopardize the manufacturer's warranty on said components or machine.