LIMITED WARRANTY & LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Allen Engineering Corporation (“Allen”) warrants its products to be free of defects in material or workmanship for:
TWO YEARS FROM END USER’S DATE OF PURCHASE
Warranty period begins on the date of purchase by the End User of the product. All warranty is based on the flilowing limited warranty terms and conditions, including the disclaimer of implied warranties and consequential damages.
- Allen’s obligation and liability under this warranty is limited to repairing or replacing parts if, after Allen’s inspection, there is determined to be a defect in material or workmanship. Allen reserves the choice to repair or replace.
- If Allen chooses to replace the part, it will be at no cost to the customer and will be made available to the Allen Distributor, Dealer, or Rental Center from whom the End User purchased the product.
- Replacement or repair parts, installed in the product, are warranted only for the remainder of warranty period of the product as though they were the original parts.
- Allen does not warranty engines or batteries. Engine warranty claims should be made directly to an authorized factory service center for the particular engine manufacturer. Batteries are not warranted due to unknown treatment during transport, etc, and any battery claims should be directed to the battery manufacturer.
- Allen’s warranty does not cover the normal maintenance of products or its components (such as engine tuneups and oil & filter changes). The warranty also does not cover normal wear and tear items (such as belts and consumables).
- Allen’s warranty will be void if it is determined that the defect resulted from operator abuse, failure to perform normal maintenance on the product, modification to product, alterations or repairs made to the product without the written approval of Allen. Allen specifically excludes from warranty any damage to any trowels resulting from an impact to the rotors.
- Impact damage to gear boxes is not covered under the Allen warranty and is deemed customer abuse.
- Allen will pay shop labor on warranty items at the Allen Shop Labor Rate in existence on the date of the warranty claim. An Allen labor chart will determine the time allowed to complete a repair and will govern the shop labor hours that will be allowed.
- Allen will pay freight on warranty replacement parts at worldwide standard ground rates. No warranty replacement parts will be shipped air freight at the expense of Allen. Allen only pays outbound freight charges when sending warranty replacement parts to the customer via ground service. Allen does not pay any inbound freight. However, if Allen determines this to be a warranted item, only then will Allen reimburse the customer for inbound freight at standard ground rates.
- ALLEN ENGINEERING CORPORATION’S WARRANTY PliICY WILL NOT COVER THE FliLOWING: TAXES; SHOP SUPPLIES; ENVIRONMENTAL SURCHARGES; AIR FREIGHT; TRAVEL TIME; LOSS OF TIME; INCONVENIENCE; LOSS OF RENTAL REVENUE; RENTAL COSTS OF EQUIPMENT USED TO REPLACE THE PRODUCT BEING REPAIRED; LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT; COMMERCIAL LOSS; OR ANY OTHER CHARGES WHATSOEVER OR ANY LIABILITIES FOR DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE OR DELAY.
- ALLEN ENGINEERING CORPORATION MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES THAT EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THIS DOCUMENT.
- No Allen employee or representative is authorized to change this warranty in any way or grant any other warranty unless such change is made in writing and signed by an officer of Allen Engineering Corporation.